Thank you Dwellus Group and Lyra Film & Design for this opportunity! This was a fun day!
Furnishing your room with accent chairs is a simple way to add charm and style to your space. They can be used to accentuate a sofa in a living room, an alternative to traditional sofas/loveseats or can add pops of colors to an empty bedroom corner. Figure out which style compliments your room, the type of material, placement of the chair and color. Find a bold style, bright color, classic or modern design to add more character to your room.
Mallory Chair from Dwell Studio:
Louise Chair from Serena & Lily
Knoll Salsa Lounge Chair sold at AllModern
Dylan Midcentury Modern Wingback Chair from Kathy Kuo Home
What’s New Pussycat Chair by Caracole, sold at Candelabra
Chloe Chair by Crate & Barrel
Does your bedroom lack character? A simple character upgrade could be as easy as replacing or making a new headboard. A new trend is the tufted headboard, which comes in a wide range of fabrics, colors and shapes. You can find these headboards at nearly every furniture retailer and on-line sites, such as Etsy. However, if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, consider a DIY project. DIY Network has a detailed step-by-step process for creating these beautiful headboards.
Vintage industrial chic has gain more recognition in recent years primarily due to the popularity of loft apartments in urban cities. More people have converted old industrial buildings into residential properties and incorporating this edgy style into their space. The heavy-duty metal tables, wood carts, wire shelving and exposed lighting are standout statements for any room. Best of all, the furniture can withstand any kind of abuse! Here’s my top 10 vintage industrial chic sites and ideas.
1. Vintage Industrial has a wide selection of furniture, such as coffee tables, shelves, dining room tables, chairs and much more. This dinette table and light were custom-made by Vintage Industrial (the chair manufacturer is listed below).
2. Hudson Goods also provides furniture, lighting, mirrors, art, sculptures and more. This metal locker can be used for storage in an office, end table or nightstand. The metal swivel stools, which are also shown above, are adjustable for counter and bar height levels.
3. Justin Real Furniture has a great industrial furniture collection and specializes in custom designs too. Some of his new projects include custom barn doors for interior use. The picture below is a custom-built credenza and shelf he made for a home office. Lastly, a reclaimed wood table with metal bands would be a great end table or nightstand.
4. It is Dwell is a seller on Etsy offering vintage and refurbished industrial and antique accessories. This striped dresser is a wonderful accent piece for a foyer, bedroom, buffet table or hallway!
5. Vidalia’s Vintage also listed on Etsy, is selling this vintage library card catalog below that can be used as a dresser in a bedroom, organizing paperwork in the office or an accent table for the foyer or hallway.
6. Vintage Seventy Five has unique accessories for your accent tables, office and/or shelves, like this industrial pulley below.
7. REHAB is selling this authentic wood cart that has been restored to its original state. This cart would be perfect in a living room, lobby or any common area.
8. The Luckett Store prides itself on being a vintage hip reseller. Once a month this store hosts a design house for designers and manufacturers to showcase their products. You can find vintage, industrial, shabby chic, and classic pieces at this store.
9. Cleveland Art repurposes industrial machinery and surplus goods for homes and commercial spaces.Cleveland Art has been a leader in the vintage and recycled industrial design market. These old theater spotlights are the perfect accessory for a living room corner or home office:
10. City Owl sells an affordable and wide selection of vintage industrial and primitive furniture, households items, handmade artwork, jewelry and lighting.
This sitting room was in need of lighter colors, smaller furniture, proportionate wall accessorizes and symmetry. By swapping out the darker colors for lighter tones, down-sizing the extra large furniture, removing the wainscoting, removing decorative trim, removal of the dark ceiling fan and simplifying the accessories, this room is now completely open and the attention is focused on the space. The theme of this sitting room was circular patterns, which are reflected in the chair fabric, hurricanes, coffee table and pendant lighting.
The pendant light is designed by Moooi from Design Within Reach. The custom Modesto chairs and rotating Valeta coffee table were purchased at Arhaus Furniture. The buffet table in the niche is from Crate & Barrel. The large mirror is from Z Gallerie, candle hurricanes are from Restoration Hardware and the artwork is by Henry Asencio.