Many would agree that lighting is the jewelry for your home. If you’re looking for an easy and quick project for your home, consider updating your light fixtures! There’s an overwhelming amount of websites offering various styles, finishes and price ranges, such as Lumens, CSN Lighting, LampsPlus, Bellacor, YLiving and Lightopia.
If you’re interested in updating your ceiling lighting consider a chandelier or pendant. Chandeliers were often thought of as formal ornate lighting for a dining room. Pendant lights were hardly used…and today that is quite the opposite. Chandeliers are used to accessorize kitchens, hallways, foyers, bedrooms, offices and bathrooms to name a few! Depending on your style, you can easily find styles ranging from glamorous, shabby chic, modern, industrial, traditional, etc. Don’t forget about pendants though! You can get very creative with pendant lighting and group them in clusters for your foyer or as nightstand lighting suspended from the ceiling. Below I’ve shared some of my favorite finds.
The Robert Abbey Candelaria 2 Tier chandelier available online at Lumens:
Marjorie Skouras designed this beautiful turquoise empire chandelier:
Design Within Reach sells the Artichoke Lamp designed by Poul Henningsen for Louis Poulsen Lighting Inc.:
Onion pendant by Verner Paton is available in copper or white finishes:
Robert Abbey’s Bling cluster chandelier comes in multiple sizes and is also available at Lumens.com:
Ralph Lauren has crafted this industrial chic chandelier featuring exposed Edison bulbs. Shades of Light offers this in 2 sizes and finishes:
The Key Largo Iron Beaded chandelier by Cottage & Bungalow is an elegant and edgy fixture that would look fabulous in a foyer or bedroom!
Serena & Lily’s beaded Malibu chandelier defines subtle sophistication. The hemp features with the beaded craftsmanship would look glamorous in a dining room, bedroom or bathroom…
Shine Lab‘s Moire Collection showcases these beautiful pendant lights, which can be hung in clusters or individually in any room in the house!
And lastly, the eclectic and contemporary Bocci Series 21 Standard pendant. What’s not to love about this classy piece of art:
Vintage industrial chic has gain more recognition in recent years primarily due to the popularity of loft apartments in urban cities. More people have converted old industrial buildings into residential properties and incorporating this edgy style into their space. The heavy-duty metal tables, wood carts, wire shelving and exposed lighting are standout statements for any room. Best of all, the furniture can withstand any kind of abuse! Here’s my top 10 vintage industrial chic sites and ideas.
1. Vintage Industrial has a wide selection of furniture, such as coffee tables, shelves, dining room tables, chairs and much more. This dinette table and light were custom-made by Vintage Industrial (the chair manufacturer is listed below).
2. Hudson Goods also provides furniture, lighting, mirrors, art, sculptures and more. This metal locker can be used for storage in an office, end table or nightstand. The metal swivel stools, which are also shown above, are adjustable for counter and bar height levels.
3. Justin Real Furniture has a great industrial furniture collection and specializes in custom designs too. Some of his new projects include custom barn doors for interior use. The picture below is a custom-built credenza and shelf he made for a home office. Lastly, a reclaimed wood table with metal bands would be a great end table or nightstand.
4. It is Dwell is a seller on Etsy offering vintage and refurbished industrial and antique accessories. This striped dresser is a wonderful accent piece for a foyer, bedroom, buffet table or hallway!
5. Vidalia’s Vintage also listed on Etsy, is selling this vintage library card catalog below that can be used as a dresser in a bedroom, organizing paperwork in the office or an accent table for the foyer or hallway.
6. Vintage Seventy Five has unique accessories for your accent tables, office and/or shelves, like this industrial pulley below.
7. REHAB is selling this authentic wood cart that has been restored to its original state. This cart would be perfect in a living room, lobby or any common area.
8. The Luckett Store prides itself on being a vintage hip reseller. Once a month this store hosts a design house for designers and manufacturers to showcase their products. You can find vintage, industrial, shabby chic, and classic pieces at this store.
9. Cleveland Art repurposes industrial machinery and surplus goods for homes and commercial spaces.Cleveland Art has been a leader in the vintage and recycled industrial design market. These old theater spotlights are the perfect accessory for a living room corner or home office:
10. City Owl sells an affordable and wide selection of vintage industrial and primitive furniture, households items, handmade artwork, jewelry and lighting.
This sitting room was in need of lighter colors, smaller furniture, proportionate wall accessorizes and symmetry. By swapping out the darker colors for lighter tones, down-sizing the extra large furniture, removing the wainscoting, removing decorative trim, removal of the dark ceiling fan and simplifying the accessories, this room is now completely open and the attention is focused on the space. The theme of this sitting room was circular patterns, which are reflected in the chair fabric, hurricanes, coffee table and pendant lighting.
The pendant light is designed by Moooi from Design Within Reach. The custom Modesto chairs and rotating Valeta coffee table were purchased at Arhaus Furniture. The buffet table in the niche is from Crate & Barrel. The large mirror is from Z Gallerie, candle hurricanes are from Restoration Hardware and the artwork is by Henry Asencio.
If you need inspirational ideas for a dramatic and modern foyer light, check out custom light designer and manufacturer, Yellow Goat Design. These customizable pieces can be used in commercial or residual spaces. The following fixtures (Bibo, KoolStix and SStation) would be ideal for a foyer with high ceilings; you can select as many pendants as you like. Professional installation is required.
This dining room was transformed from a traditional style to an elegant modern space. The room was painted and decorated with cool neutrals that accentuate the architecture of the room without overpowering the space. The combination of light and dark colors in the room provide sharp contrasts making this space look bold and sophisticated, yet simple and clutter-free.
The table and chairs are from Arhaus furniture. The bronze chandelier was replaced with a modern brushed nickel by Kichler lighting. The window drapery, Thai Silk Inverted Pleat, and hardware is from Restoration Hardware. The paint is Daguerrotype by Sherwin Williams, and the mirrors, vases and flowers are from Z Gallerie.
The inspiration for the second bathroom was mother nature, specifically aloe plants and bamboo. The canvas art was found on Overstock, white towels from DKNY, plants, candle and accessories from Crate&Barrel, and the cabinet hardware was updated with t-bars.
Are you looking for ideas how to modernize your fireplace? This project was a quick and simple way to update this space and took approximately one week to complete. In order to open up the room, the corner media center was removed and the walls were reset to the original setting. The traditional fireplace was completely demolished and replaced with a modern design, which consists of floor-to-ceiling veneer stacked stone and a linear fireplace with glass stones.
The stacked stone is by Eldorado Stone in the Chapel Hill finish, the fireplace is a Montigo L42 with a stainless steel frame, the customized mantel was built by JReal and a 55″ frame less ultra-thin Samsung TV was hung above the mantel.
The ceiling fan was removed and replaced with recessed lighting throughout the ceiling. In addition, directional down lighting was put in above the fireplace to showcase the stone. The walls were painted Greige by Sherwin Williams, and lastly, the floors were updated with new carpet. Local contractors, Fireplace Solution and Michael & Son Services, were hired for the fireplace construction and electrical work.